Business Intelligence for Broad Audiences
Big Data is exploding right now, but its complexity and size can make it challenging to harness all of what this information can offer. Pentaho Business Analytics is a data integration and business analytics platform that brings together IT and business users to easily access, integrate, visualize and explore data to positively impact business results.
What’s different about Pentaho? The company has focused on creating a flexible product for a significantly lower cost than competitors, Pentaho’s solution can be deployed to more people within an organization with fewer technological barriers to entry. The company attributes is growth and flexibility to three trends.
1. A powerful developer community driving adoption through Pentaho’s open source platform.
2. Use cases, from a broad variety of large and small businesses across industries like digital media, mobile apps, gaming, healthcare, security, finance, and government.
3. New tools are making big data more accessible, and less complex (which had been an obstacle for many companies), making big data available to a wider audience of non-developers.
BeachMint eCommerce Sites
In a case study recently shared with me, a single BeachMint business intelligence analyst is able to deliver actionable metrics to a 150-person company.
BeachMint is an ecommerce startup that lets customers subscribe to receive products hand-picked by celebrities each month. The company launched its ﬁrst vertical, JewelMint, in October 2010, pairing actress Kate Bosworth with her stylist Cher Coulter. Each month the duo select or create pieces of jewelry that get delivered to subscribers for an affordable personalized shopping experience.
JewelMint proved a success, and the company launched a variety of other programs, including the most recent Justin Timberlake-led HomeMint, an exclusive monthly collection that combines personal style and home design. With its variety of programs, BeachMint required the ability to quickly slice and dice terabytes of data and millions of daily emails. By reporting on every click and page view, BeachMint would be able to perform deep, precise customer segmentation by age, income and behavior.
- The World’s First Lightning-Fast, Scalable Cloud-Analytics Solution for the Monetization of Big Data
- Google Analytics Premium: The latest from Google!
- Digital Purgatory: Data Remains After Death
- Google’s Biggest Branding Blunder – the Black Bar
- Real Life Minority Report Technology – Interview with CEO of 5 Examples, Bjorn Jawerth